I'm Staying Lost

This is my small humble attempt to pay tribute to the experience that is "Lost." I'll ponder why I like it, WTF moments, go off on tangents, or just plain have fun! Come get lost with me!

Monday, April 10, 2006

"Well, doctor, my imaginary friend hates me!"



I'm just guessing here, but if I had an imaginary friend, he (or she) would not hit me, slap me, or make fun of me. What he or she would do or say is anybody's guess, but I'm quite sure, even if I felt the need to punish myself, my imaginary friend would be supportive and kind. "Dave" put a new spin on "With friends like these, who needs enemies!"

With a friend like Dave, it's easy to see why Hurley went off on Sawyer. Dave treated him so badly, by the time Sawyer gave him the last straw, he was ready to go off! I was ready for a big fight scene with Dave. Instead of letting Dave jump off the cliff, why not let Hurley push him off: "And this is for the coconuts!" A breakthrough is a breakthrough! That being said, I hope we have not seen the last of Dave. Wouldn't it be fun if he started to bother Jack? Then we could hear Hurley snarl "Hey, you stole my imaginary friend!" Hijinks would ensue. Jack would not even have to see Dave - Hurley would just think he could. What kind of paranoia is it that allows you to think your neighbors are stealing your psychosis? Too funny.

All in all, I liked this one. It touched on some real issues in a non-threatening way. Binging and hoarding food are real disorders and they were treated appropriately. It provided some real humor too. What Sawyer fan did not like the fight with Hurley? The best line of the night: (Dave trying to talk Hurley into stealing Lenny's graham crackers) "What's he going to do? Call you a 23?" You know, that's my new curse. Anytime somebody is just bugging me, I will call them a 23. It doesn't matter that they won't know what I'm talking about. If the numbers are cursed, then using one of them to refer to somebody is a curse too, right? I guess you could use any of them, but 23 is just funnier to me for some reason.

I can't wait for next week's episode either. If you miss it, your're a 23!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home