I'm Staying Lost

This is my small humble attempt to pay tribute to the experience that is "Lost." I'll ponder why I like it, WTF moments, go off on tangents, or just plain have fun! Come get lost with me!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tizzy Tuesday

All right! There is a new ep tomorow. I'm expecting a lot of "OMG!" moments and "They wouldn't go there.." just before they do. I'm a big fan of drawing a boundary one minute - setting up parameters for a world - and blowing it all to pieces the next. I know there will be more surprises and I can't wait!

I have been listening to a certain song and driving it into my brain until it won't go away. It is "Sweet the Sting" from Tori Amos' new album "The Beekeeper." It fits in with my current interest at the moment - the character of Locke. It's kind of like playing the game where someone asks you if you could have a conversation with any fictional character who would it be and why. The who is obvious. Why? I'm really big right now on facing your fears. If I actually met someone like this, I might be afraid of him at first. Curiosity, however, would set in. It might go something like this . . .

With a strut into the room
With his hat cocked sure defiantly
He said "I, I have heard
That you can play the way I like it to be played."
I said, "I can play, anyway that you want.
But first I want, I want to know

Baby is it sweet sweet
Sweet the sting
Is it real this infusion
Can it heal where others before have failed?
If so then somebody
Shake shake shake me sane
'cause I am inching ever closer to the tip of this scorpion's tail"

He said "I laid my weapons
down with my pistol
Fully loaded, a hunted man
To my root, will it end
Or begin in your cinnabar juice?"

Is it sweet sweet
Sweet the sting
Is it real this infusion
Can it heal where others before have failed?
If so then somebody
Shake shake shake me sane
'cause I am inching ever closer to the tip of this scorpion's tail"

Love let me breathe
Breathe you in
Melt the confusion
Until there is

I especially like the line about the weapons!

Big reunion I am waiting for: Jin and Sun! I think once they meet again . . if they meet again . . there will be a new understanding that the awful things that came before don't matter now. They won't want to lose each other for good. Of course, I expect to be throw for a loop here too, although I don't know how yet. Keep watching . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home